Some months ago, one of my friends shared the goodreads link to The Scandalous Sisterhood Of Prickwillow Place and my brother went and said, “Why so scandalous?”
Anyway, this isn’t about that book. Its about something else completely.
I want to thank Choett for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you time and again for considering me worthy.
The rules of the award are as follows”
1. Answer the ten questions you’ve been asked.
2. Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 7 blogs.
4. Put the logo of the blog in the post you write. Or on your page, depends.
5. Make up ten new questions for your nominees.
Here’s the ten questions I’ve been asked:
1. Why did you decide to write a blog?
I wanted to find people who could relate to me and who I could relate to. And this seemed to be the best way to do it.
2. Where do you find your blogging inspiration?
There are a number of inspiration sources. I’d name real life experiences first. Then I have things I read about online, either on blogs or on social media. Things I studied about too. I actually have this blog post written in hand in one of my note books. I feel it hasn’t ripened yet. And then there are books I read. Those are the greatest inspiration.
3. What would you like to accomplish this year with your blog?
To be communicating actively with at least five fellow bloggers. That’s it. For now.
4. What is your favourite book and why?
The Lord of The Rings. And The Hobbit is my favorite prelude. These stories may be fantasy, but they ring true on so many levels.
5. Which are your 3 favourite blogs?
That’s a hard one. Okay, um… Altucher Confidential, Mama Pains, La Choett (the one who nominated me).
6. Where are you from?
I’m from Bangladesh, a place many people consider to be a part of India. Some people only recognize where we’re from when we say the word “India”. We are actually an independent country. I live in the capital, Dhaka.
7. If you could take a 2 week holiday tomorrow, where would you go?
I’d go to Sylhet and chill. That place is awesome, no electricity, no hassles, no traffic. Downside though, is that they don’t have internet.
8. If you could go back in time, would you change something and what would that be?
No, I wouldn’t change a thing, because I think what ever happened happened for a reason. I want to let fate play it out.
9. If you had the opportunity to meet your favourite actor/actress who would it be and what question would you ask? (You can only ask one question).
It would be Aamir Khan. I’d ask him to blog.
10. If you were not blogging right now, what would you be doing?
Hmm… reading, writing, doing some chores. Hard to tell.
I nominate the following:
I can’t think of anyone else.
Hope I fit the bill, really. Haven’t done this stuff ever before.
AND I just realized that I didn’t write the questions I want my nominees to answer. Here they are:
1. What sort of books do you like?
2. What’s Gollum’s hobbit name? (hehe)
3. Have you ever finished the manuscript of a book? What was the experience like, if you did?
4. Is paranormal or supernatural a genre for you?
5. Talk about the theme of your blog.
6. What does it feel like being nominated for an award?
7. Any idea what this thing is about?
8. How many book have you read in 2014?
9. How many of these books did you like?
10. Who’s your fictional role-model, if you have one?