Well, granted I do watch cartoons too. When they catch my fancy. But, most often I’m just watching Anime. Partially because the Japanese Dub intrigues me- who doesn’t love learning a few foreign words you can show off with?-and partially because anime recs are the second most abundant recs in my friend circle.
I can’t say I regret it. Most anime have awesome storylines and sometimes I even feel as though I can transform them into novels.
I won’t count A:tLA as an anime, worry not.
To date, the only manga I’ve finished reading is Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I am also up to date with Watashi ni xx Shinasai. What can I say? I was a sucker for romance.
These days, though, I find myself leaning more toward shounen. You guessed it.
Here’s a list of anime I’ve watched (the entire thing-no partials) in no particular order:
- Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)
- Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titans)
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (Ano Hana)
- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April)
- Ouran Highschool Host Club (English Dub)
- Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko (She and Her Cat)
- Noragami + Noragami Aragoto
- Steins;Gate (and the movie)
- Yamada-kun to 7-nin no majo (Yamada and the 7 witches)
- Magi S1
If I had to include movies I’d include these:
- Spirited Away
- Howl’s Moving Castle
- I might have watched Kiki’s Delivery Service.
- a few Naruto movies
- the very first One Piece movie I think
- 5 Centimeters per Second
- Kimi no Na Wa